Friday, April 8, 2011

Delphi Students Visit Park Plaza Hotel for Tea Time!

Yesterday I hopped onto a field trip with our Elementary and Middle School students. They were heading into Boston for High Tea at the Park Plaza Hotel to practice their manners and tea time etiquette.

The idea of bringing Elementary and Middle School students to a fancy hotel for tea, at first put me on the edge of my seat, but when I arrived and saw how well mannered our students were, I was very impressed!

They were all seated nicely with their napkins on their laps, using a fork and knife to eat a scones and finger sandwiches, paying attention to their hostess talking to them about the different teas they were drinking. Everyone of the students was so perfectly behaved and well mannered, I don't know who wouldn't have been impressed by this magnificent display!

The students were not only getting educated on the flavors of the teas they were drinking, but they were learning about their histories. The students got the opportunity to drink a cup of the same tea which was dumped into the harbor during the Boston Tea Party; they all found this very interesting.

The Hotel was beautiful and very welcoming to our students. The food was exquisite and the tea was divine!

Here are some fun shots I took while were were there.